BOARD OVERVIEW & MISSION
The Agriculture Development Board of Franklin County was established in 2007 for the purposes of:
- Promoting and enhancing the economic viability of production agriculture, forestry, and agribusiness.
- Represent the agriculture community’s position on policy issues at the local, state, and federal level.
- Provide advice and counsel to the Franklin County Board of Supervisors on policies relating to viability and sustainability of agriculture
- Partner with other organizations to increase public understanding and awareness of state-of-the-art agricultural practices.
- Expand agricultural educational programming and workforce development
- Advocate and coordinate agricultural economic development, investment, marketing, and promotion activities
- Establish a network of agricultural producers and suppliers to encourage diversification and strengthen the agricultural infrastructure.
- Promote agritourism
MEMBERS & BOARD APPOINTMENTS
Chairman- Jason Thurman
Crops- Daniel Austin
Dairy- Stephen Bray
Equine- Lynn Satalino
Tobacco- Connell McEnheimer
Horticulture- Beverly Cox
Orchard- Katerine Adams