The mission of the Franklin County Finance Department is to provide quality services to all citizens and to safeguard the County’s assets. To develop and maintain superior financial planning and reporting in order to provide timely, accurate and complete information, and to maintain employee’s payroll and leave records. The Department is committed to enhancing our ability to serve both internal and external customers with excellent customer service.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MISSION & VALUES
In the spirit of excellent customer service, integrity and dedication, the Finance Department is committed to providing timely, accurate, clear and complete information and support to the citizens of Franklin County and other county departments.
- Quality: A high standard of excellence drives Finance to provide outstanding levels of support, service and products. The Department will strive to be exemplary in all activities and continuously exceed expectations.
- Integrity: The Finance Department is committed to conforming to the highest level of ethical standards. The services and decisions we offer will be honest, fair and impartial.
- Teamwork: We value the contribution our staff makes in achieving our mission and we support and encourage teamwork and personal development to ensure a high level of competence, knowledge and satisfaction. As a team, we capitalize on the strengths of each member and we provide superior support for staff members and citizens. We continually strive to seek best practices.
- Communication: The Finance Department will communicate with our customer, both internal and external to manage expectations and assure the highest levels of satisfaction. We will actively seek opportunities, solicit all customer input and respond promptly to their concerns.
THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR
• Financial accounting & reporting
• Accounts Payable
• Procurement – Purchasing
• Comprehensive Annual Financial Reporting
• Capital Planning
• Debt Management
• Payroll / Fringe Benefits
• Risk Management / Insurance
• Annual Budget Planning
• Fixed Asset Records
• Retirement / Pension