The Information Technology Department of Franklin County provides technology solutions to enable the business of local government to be more effective and efficient in serving citizens in a timely and courteous manner, while embracing the County’s Customer Service Philosophy and Customer Service Core Values.
The Information Technology Team is grouped into the areas below:
The essential departmental functions include:
- Provide support and strive to be proactive by anticipating customer needs and deliver timely and effective responses to customer requirements.
- Improve business processes and enhance the customer experience by redesign, automation or education in the use of back-office technologies.
- Improve customer confidence in the IT department by protecting County data to ensure reliable, safe and convenient access to the appropriate information for County staff and citizens.
- Provide a reliable communication and computer infrastructure to effectively and efficiently support county services, keeping in mind the customer need, today and in the future.
- Develop and maintain skilled staff to ensure proper support of technologies and ability to implement technology that meets the needs of the internal and external customer "business needs".
- Ensure cost effective use of County funds in providing a communication and computer infrastructure that effectively meets the needs of the internal and external customer "business needs".