PLANNING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT - DEVELOPMENT REVIEW
The measure of any great civilization is in its cities, and the measure of a city's greatness is to be found in the quality of its public spaces, parks and squares." - John Ruskin
Responsibilities of the Development Review Team include the development, administration and enforcement of the County Zoning, Subdivision, Erosion and Sediment Control ordinances and related county codes. The Development Review Team also performs site compliance inspections for commercial and residential sites and works extensively with citizens and developers to resolve situations of non-compliance with adopted regulations.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DEVELOPMENT REVIEW TEAM
- Responds to public inquiries regarding land use location, existing zoning and related matters.
- Receives complaints, investigates alleged violations and enforces the zoning ordinance, sign regulations, subdivision regulations, and other county ordinances in accord with procedures prescribed by law.
- Inspects construction sites for compliance with approved site plans, subdivision plats, road construction plans and erosion and sediment control plans.
- Reviews subdivision and site plan bonds and completed work in the field and makes recommendations for drawdown of bonds to finish uncompleted work or bond reductions for completed work.
- Provides procedural information to citizens and developers and accepts applications for site plans, erosion control plans and other land development applications.
- Reviews sign permit applications, inspects sites, issues sign permits.
For more information regarding the Development Review Team, please contact:
Planning & Community Development