FRANKLIN COUNTY, VIRGINIA
REQUEST FOR ARCHITECTURAL/ENGINEERING PROPOSALS
TO ASSIST PLANNING, DEVELOPMENT, AND UTILITIES FUNCTIONS
The County of Franklin, Virginia, is seeking A/E proposals for varied occasional professional services needs. Services to be provided shall include research, analysis, report preparation and presentation, studies and design, permitting, project implementation, grant writing, and other architectural and engineering services not otherwise contracted by the County. Services shall be provided on an as-needed basis to assist different County departments and the County administration.
The services sought include:
- Water and Sewer Plans review to assist administration of the local Code, Chapter 22.
- Soil and Erosion, Storm water, Subdivision, Site Plan, and other planning and building reviews of proposed projects.
- Engineering and Architectural Studies related to economic and community development (such as site development, utility, transportation (road), water and sewer, landscape design and other infrastructure planning).
- Facility planning and development (new and renovation/rehab) including space planning.
- Grant, Ordinance and Plan development related to community and economic development.
- Landfill engineering and development
Architects and engineers may submit proposals for any or all of the services listed above. The County reserves the right to select one or more different A/E service providers for occasional services. A more detailed description of work examples is available by calling Sharon Tudor, Procurement Specialist, at (540) 483-3030.
Engineers and architects who currently hold occasional engineering agreements with Franklin County may submit a current letter of interest along with any updated information on their qualifications. They may later be requested to submit additional information, asked to be re-interviewed, and/or submit updated agreements for occasional services.
Five (5) copies of sealed proposals are due by Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 3:00 p.m., prevailing time, and marked in the upper left hand corner “Occasional A/E Services”. No electronic proposals will be accepted. Minority, female, and disadvantaged businesses are encouraged to apply. The address is given below.
Sharon K. Tudor, MMC
1255 Franklin Street
Rocky Mount, VA 24151