The Piedmont Community Services Board (PCS) provides a comprehensive range of community mental health, mental retardation, and substance abuse services. Emergency services including crisis intervention and evaluation for inpatient hospitalization and detoxification - are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request any service contact us at 540-483-7220 or fax us at 540-483-0583.
MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE CLINICAL SERVICES FOCUS ON A VARIETY OF INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY PROBLEMS
- Depression and anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Drug and alcohol abuse/
- Parenting and other significant adjustments to daily living
- Prevention and early intervention services for children, youth and families at risk of developing serious behavioral, mental health or substance abuse problems
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services for employees (and their families) of participating local industries. EAP services include supervisory training as well as employee assessment services, consultation, and drug/alcohol testing
SERVICES FOR PERSONS WITH SERIOUS MENTAL ILLNESS
- Medication management
- Psychosocial rehabilitation program
- Case management services
- Inpatient psychiatric treatment is arranged in cooperation with state mental hospitals and private psychiatric hospitals. Intensive substance abuse outpatient, inpatient and residential treatments are provided by PCS and by referral to public and private facilities.
COMPREHENSIVE MENTAL RETARDATION SERVICES
- Family support and case management
- Infant stimulation services
- Sheltered employment
- Residential services
- All programs are licensed by the Virginia Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services. Services are provided on a sliding scale based on a family's ability to pay. Some fees are covered by Medicaid, Medicare, Blue Cross and other insurance.