The Franklin County Voter Registrar's office is an agency of the Department of Elections (ELECT).
The Department of Elections (ELECT) was created in 1946 as a bipartisan agency responsible for ensuring uniformity, fairness, accuracy and purity in all elections in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The agency promotes the proper administration of election laws, campaign finance disclosure compliance, and voter registration processes in Virginia by promulgating rules, regulations, issuing instructions, and providing information to local electoral boards and general registrars. In addition, the agency maintains a centralized database of state-wide voter registration and election related data.
Voter, Are you ID Ready? PLEASE READ (New Law - Effective July 1, 2014). The Constitution of VA requires you to be registered in the precinct in which you live in order to be qualified to vote.
- Official Voting Information
- Election to be conducted in Franklin County - 100 day notice
- What's on my ballot? - click here to view
- View Brochure from the Virginia Department of Elections about November 2016 election
- SAMPLE BALLOT for November 8, 2016 Election
ELECTORAL BOARD MEETING
Franklin County Electoral Board Meeting
December 16, 2016, at 10:00 a.m.
Franklin County Govt. Center