1255 Franklin Street, Suite 106
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Kay Chitwood, Registrar
E-mail: Kay Chitwood
Betty C. Campbell
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Franklin County Voter Registrar's office is an agency of the Department of Elections (ELECT).
The Department of Elections (ELECT) was created in 1946 as a bipartisan agency responsible for ensuring uniformity, fairness, accuracy and purity in all elections in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The agency promotes the proper administration of election laws, campaign finance disclosure compliance, and voter registration processes in Virginia by promulgating rules, regulations, issuing instructions, and providing information to local electoral boards and general registrars. In addition, the agency maintains a centralized database of state-wide voter registration and election related data.
Voter, Are you ID Ready? PLEASE READ (New Law - Effective July 1, 2014). The Constitution of VA requires you to be registered in the precinct in which you live in order to be qualified to vote.
- Legal Notice - June 11, 2019 Election
- Election to be conducted in Franklin County - 100 day notice
- Absentee Voting
- Candidate Lists and Referendum
- Become an Officer of Election and lend a hand for democracy - View all details
- What's on my ballot?
- Are you Election Ready? Virginia Voter ID . . . It's Just that Easy! The Constitution of VA requires you to be registered in the precinct in which you live in order to be qualified to vote.
- Franklin County to Vote on Paper Ballots
Franklin County Electoral Board Meeting
April 12, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
General Registrar’s Office