The Franklin County Voter Registrar's office is an agency of the Department of Elections (ELECT).
The Department of Elections (ELECT) was created in 1946 as a bipartisan agency responsible for ensuring uniformity, fairness, accuracy and purity in all elections in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The agency promotes the proper administration of election laws, campaign finance disclosure compliance, and voter registration processes in Virginia by promulgating rules, regulations, issuing instructions, and providing information to local electoral boards and general registrars. In addition, the agency maintains a centralized database of state-wide voter registration and election related data.
Voter, Are you ID Ready? PLEASE READ (New Law - Effective July 1, 2014). The Constitution of VA requires you to be registered in the precinct in which you live in order to be qualified to vote.
- Official Voting Information
- Election to be conducted in Franklin County - 100 day notice
- What's on my ballot? - click here to view
- March 3, 2017 - Calling of a Primary Election for June 13, 2017 - View Notice
- Monday, May 22, 2017 is the last day to register to vote or change your voter registration information for the Democratic and Republican Primary to be held on June 13, 2017. View the notice
ELECTORAL BOARD MEETING
Franklin County Electoral Board Meeting
Friday, May 12th, 2017, at 10:00 a.m.
Franklin County Govt. Center
General Registrar Office