The Friends of the Library is a non-profit organization that works to increase public awareness of all Library services and assists in bringing funds to the library for special projects.
Activities include monthly book sales and volunteering within the library system with projects and programs. Through these activities, the Friends of the Library provide funding for the summer reading program, author nights and other special events.
In order to become a Friend of the Library, simply complete the Friends of the Library Membership form and return it with your payment to either the Franklin County Main Library, the Westlake Branch Library, or to the Bookmobile.
Volunteers contribute more than 200 hours each month to the Library. Please come by the Main Library in Rocky Mount to complete a volunteer application. Some of the things our volunteers do are:
- Assist patrons with the public computers
- Help prepare crafts for Story Hours in the Children's Department
- Prepare materials for the shelves
- Re-shelf books and other materials
- Straighten/Discard Magazines and Newspapers