Summer is definitely here and the Office of the Sheriff advises residents to follow these tips in order to stay safe during hot days.
1) Avoid direct sunlight exposure when possible
2) Wear light weight, loose fitting clothing. Also, wear light colors, sunglasses and wide brim hats
3) Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Drink plenty of water before and during outdoor events
4) Take cool showers or baths
5) Avoid alcohol and high sugar drinks
6) Take frequent breaks to cool down
Following these few tips can allow you to avoid heat stroke.
We will be doing a follow up article on heat stroke soon.